Birregurra is a town in Victoria, Australia approximately 130 kilometres (81 mi) south-west of Melbourne. The town is divided between the Shire of Colac Otway and the Surf Coast Shire. At the 2016 census, Birregurra had a population of 828.
Birregurra is an Aboriginal word thought to mean ‘kangaroo camp'. 
A Post Office opened in the area on 1 October 1858 and was renamed Mount Gellibrand in 1894, a few days before another office nearby was opened as Birregurra.
The railway though the town was opened in 1877, as part of the line to the south west of the state. A branch line to Forrest left the main line here, opened in 1891 and closed in 1957. The local railway station is served by V/Linepassenger services on the Warrnambool line.
Golfers play at the Birregurra Golf Club on Hopkins Street.
The town has a Primary School which has approximately 85 students and is located on Beal Street.