Skipton /ˈskɪptən/ is a town in the Western District of Victoria, Australia. The town is situated on the Glenelg Highway166 kilometres west of the state capital, Melbourne and 52 kilometres south west of the regional centre, Ballarat. Skipton is in the Shire of Corangamite LGA and is on the banks of Mount Emu Creek. At the 2016 census, Skipton had a population of 586, considerably less than the population of 927 at the 2011 census.
Skipton was first established in 1839 as a pastoral run and a town site was surveyed in 1852. The town was settled some years later and the Post Office opened on 6 March 1858. The town held the first agricultural show in the Western District in 1859.
Golfers play at the course of the Skipton Golf Club on Geelong-Portland Road.
Skipton Variety Market is held on every second Saturday of the month at the Mechanics Hall. Skipton Rose Festival is held on the first Saturday after the running of the Melbourne Cup in November each year.